Monday, July 18, 2011

Thoughts about Tears

Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.  
Hosea Ballou
*That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I just found out that my first grandchild will be a girl!

To weep is to make less the depth of grief.  

William Shakespeare, King Henry the Sixth
*I guess that I need to invite William to dinner so he can explain this one to me! My tears usually make me feel worse... unless they are the happy kind.


It is some relief to weep; grief is satisfied and carried off by tears.  

Ovid
*I must be doing something wrong, because this doesn't work for me.


Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either.  Golda Meir

*Another one!! I'm going to have to find out what is wrong with me lol!


Tears are the safety valve of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it.  

Albert Smith
*Maybe I'm just looking at the whole topic in the wrong light!!

Here's to a tear free day for everyone!