Monday, July 18, 2011

Thoughts About Ghosts in the Night

Ghost fearImage by doug88888 via FlickrOn the other hand, what I like my music to do to me is awaken the ghosts inside of me. Not the demons, you understand, but the ghosts.
David Bowie


Now there is something to think about. I don't know if I have any ghosts inside of me to awaken!

Science fiction is no more written for scientists that ghost stories are written for ghosts.
Brian Aldiss
He does have a point lol.

Shakespeare also introduces the supernatural into some of his tragedies; he introduces ghosts, and witches who have supernatural knowledge.
Andrew Coyle Bradley
I really need to hawl out my high school English books. I would probably enjoy them now more than when I was a teenager.

The Helicon of too many poets is not a hill crowned with sunshine and visited by the Muses and the Graces, but an old, mouldering house, full of gloom and haunted by ghosts.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 
Now there is a place to write a ghost story.  A mouldering house just scares you by thinking about it. 
Enhanced by Zemanta