Saturday, August 28, 2010

When I Am Unable To Sleep

X-ray of the erect lumbar spine with a S-conve...Image via Wikipedia

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it's helping me so I'm passing it along.


I have Scoliosis in my lower back and it often makes finding a comfortable position for sleep almost impossible and some night's it's more difficult than others. But, I recently found that if I listened to a novel (with the lights out)  before falling asleep, it seemed to relax all the muscles in my back. I don't know how it works, but it seems to be doing the job. And then, the minute I feel myself begin to drift, I shut off the player and seconds later I'm sound asleep.

If you are going to give this a try, you might want to consider what kind of story would relax you. The last thing you want is for your brain to be racing with the storyline. Give it a try and see if it works. It sure feels nice to be able to fall asleep like everyone else!!



No comments:

Post a Comment