Wednesday

It's easy to check out your to-do list and then walk away. You simply aren't in the mood to do any of those things. Well, I think I learned a little trick to help you cross everything off of that list! Here's my plan of action!

1. Keep your list small. Actually I create a list a day for the coming week and I only put ten things on each list! That means by the end of the week, I will have accomplished 70 different things. That's pretty amazing if you think about it.

2. Decide what important stuff needs to get done and what's not so important. I try to have both kinds of items on each daily list. That way things are getting accomplished, but the list is not over powering.

3. Set time limits for each project, you might be surprised. I always hated cleaning under the kitchen sink, so I would schedule ten minutes on my kitchen timer and when the timer went off, I was done. Funny thing about that was the fact than more often than not, the area under my kitchen sink would be spotless at the end of that amount of time. I had been putting something off that would only take me ten minutes... I just didn't realize it!

4. Schedule fun things to do on your daily to-do list. For every five items that aren't so much fun, try to pencil in five items that you might actually enjoy! Here's just one example that works for me. I love muffins, but I hate getting the kitchen all messed up and then there are all the steps required to bake a batch. More often than not, I decide that I don't really need those muffins. But my little trick is to make up batches of dry mix and leave it in my baking cupboard. When I want muffins, all I have to do is pull out the mix, add an egg, some milk and sometimes a little oil and all is left is the stirring part. Suddenly, muffin making moves over to my fun list. Just like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment